Hoofed

Hoofed - Ian M. Pindar I received a free paperback copy of Hoofed by Ian M. Pindar in a goodreads giveaway. I gave it four stars. It was a tough read for me, not because of the book, but I am not the appropriate market group for it.

It's a story of star crossed lovers who take a time out from each other while he, Rob & his friend Spud, travel across much of the world in a grand adventure. They leave behind Tazmin, Rob's lover. She must continue with her career.

It is a tale of sex, drugs & rock & roll. The young men do a LOT of drugs, indulge in a lot of sex & enjoy music through the entire trip. One of the scenes Rob sat on a rock with his legs dangling in the water. When he lifted his legs he discovered a leech gorging itself on his blood. It reminded me of the scene from the movie Stand By Me where the young man Gordie LaChance, played by Wil Wheaton, fainted.

leechs in stand by me photo: Stand By Me (1986) StandByMe-1.jpg

leechs in stand by me photo: Wil Wheaton WilWheaton002.jpg This scene is when Gordie looks to see where else the leeches have climbed onto his body.

I actually laughed out loud at some of their antics & conversation. There were times the amount of sex seemed overdone, but again, I'm not the age bracket this is directed toward.

Can Rob & Tazmin survive this separation? Can they return as a couple?

Link to purchase: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1494247399/ref=x_gr_w_bb_t1_x?ie=UTF8&tag=x_gr_w_bb_t1_x-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1494247399&SubscriptionId=1MGPYB6YW3HWK55XCGG2