Ingredients of Young Outliers: Achieving Your Most Amazing Future

Ingredients of Young Outliers: Achieving Your Most Amazing Future - John Shufeldt I received a free kindle copy of Ingredients of Young Outliers: Achieving Your Most Amazing Future (Series 2) by John Shufeldt, MD, JD, MBA published by Outliers Publications from NetGalley in exchange for fair review. I gave it four stars.

While it had wonderful & inspiring quotes though out the book, the reading was difficult. I struggled to get through some of the drier chapters.

One description of a new board member was: "She's somebody's mom...She simply looked warm, engaging, nonjudgmental & friendly."

The basic ingredients are the virtues of courage, hope, humility, respect, integrity, trust and love.

"'As you grow up, always tell the truth, do no harm to others & don't think you are the most important being on earth.' Harper Lee"

In describing one quality of a young outlier this quote was used. "Humility is strong, not bold; quiet, not speechless; sure, not arrogant.' Estelle Smith

He describes himself as one of the best discus throwers in his area & goes on to write: "But don't be too impressed, that's like saying I was the tallest midget." I believe a different, less potentially offensive example could have been used. (Here is a plus, the author is revising this. Thank you.)

He uses a number of well known public figures to demonstrate the qualities needed to create an outlier. Used in a certain setting, this could be inspiring, but overall, it misses the goal to reach young people because of it's documentary style.

Link to purchase: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1940288053/ref=as_li_tf_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1940288053&linkCode=as2&tag=netg01-20