The Boy Who Glowed in the Dark (The Nadia Tesla Series Book 3)

The Boy Who Glowed in the Dark (The Nadia Tesla Series Book 3) - Orest Stelmach I received a free kindle copy of The Boy Who Glowed in the Dark (The Nadia Tesla Series, Book 3) by Orest Stelmach published by Thomas & Mercer from NetGalley in exchange for a fair review.

I gave this suspenseful thriller four stars in spite of the fact that I was lost with some of the characters. It would have been easier to understand the references to earlier events if I had read the previous books. This was the first time I've read any of Stelmach's work & this novel barely stands alone.

Fukushima Nuclear Disaster in Japan in 2011 & the Chernobyl disaster, the 1986 nuclear plant accident in Ukraine both are referenced & woven intricately throughout the story. There is a hope that Bobby Nadia Tesla's nephew (cousin?) can contain the secret to help save mankind from nuclear radiation damages.

It is fast paced & eerie in descriptions of the deserted cities. Although the areas are the 'forbidden zone' some people have returned in spite of the barricades.

It ended in a cliff hanger. That's not my favorite style of ending & what cost the novel a star.

Link to purchase: http://www.amazon.com/Glowed-Dark-Nadia-Tesla-Series/dp/1477822844/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top