Zombie Elementary: The Real Story

Zombie Elementary: The Real Story - Howard Whitehouse I received a free kindle copy of Zombie Elementary by Howard Whitehouse, published by Random House of Canada, Tundra Books from NetGalley in exchange for a fair review. I gave it 3 1/2 stars. Or I would if I could. It was not a four but not a three. It was a little difficult to read because of the 'Interview-Responder' technique until I became accustomed to it. It's written for age level 9 to 12 & it seems suitable for that age group.

It's about Larry Mullet who is called different names by a teacher. He's an ordinary fourth grader until a zombie epidemic is started. The adults are oblivious so it's up to Larry & his friends to set the situation right.

There were parts I found funny. Here's one of them.

"'Bat, man!' whispered Jermaine.
For a moment I thought a caped crusader might be coming to save us, but then I realized what he meant. I had to get the Louisville Slugger."

Can Larry help save the town without being bitten & turned into a brain eating zombie? Or will he be eaten by the existing zombies?

Link to purchase: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1770496084/ref=as_li_tf_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1770496084&linkCode=as2&tag=netg01-20